Oil Additive & Treatment for
Water Is One of the Most Destructive Substances on Earth
Saltwater is highly corrosive as well as abrasive, and the moment a ship or boat enters the water, the chemical compounds found in seawater begin to eat away at the paint and metal of its hull and interior. Freshwater isn’t much better. An important part of any seafaring vessel is moisture control. Moisture allows for the propagation of organic microbes that can grow and contaminate anything from freshwater supplies to fuel and oil, as well as causing rot onboard. Moisture also facilitates basic chemical reactions such as electrolysis, oxidation, and other processes that begin to change the physical strength and toughness of even high carbon steel, eventually reducing it to rust. Water is also a poor lubricant for moving metal parts and components, and can actually cause slippage and damage due to its properties under extreme heat and cold conditions.
The Importance of Engine Maintenance
Engines should be serviced regularly and maintained to remove worn or broken parts in order to prevent further damage to adjacent mechanisms. This is especially true of marine equipment. After all, failure on a seafaring vessel often means that you will be a long way away from any kind of help. It could even endanger the lives of passengers and crew. Under certain conditions, and without proper upkeep, it is even possible that fires could break out and cause the ship to sink.
Our Product Serves A Variety of Watercraft
- Inboard: High performance sport boats often use an inboard engine. ELEV8 can give these engines an advantage in not only horsepower but fuel economy and emissions as well.
- Outboard: Most personal watercraft use an outboard. ELEV8 can also give these engines a boost with both horsepower and fuel economy.
- Jet-ski: A high-performance motor which is right on the water. Water is forced through a jet, which means that jet-ski motors are exposed to more water than typical propulsion methods.
- Yacht/Luxury Boats: These vessels rely on engines to power a relatively small boat over potentially massive distances. Many yachts and luxury boats are very fast, and to maintain these speeds and headings they require motors with extremely reliable and durable engine hours. As the skipper of a yacht or luxury boat, you might not have a team of mechanics on board and should expect your vessel to make it from port to port reliably, as well as being easy on fuel consumption.
- Fishing Boat, Personal Yacht & Commercial Seafaring Vessels: These vessels, like yachts, are often very isolated and have a need for longevity, durability, and self-reliance. They also run other equipment, such as winches, cranes, and have very heavy cargo to carry over long distances. This causes a lot of wear on just about any motor, as well as heat and friction which can break down an engine.
- Cruise ships: Travel vast distances quickly with a lot of passengers.
- Commercial fishing: Getting out on the water and back, traversing long distances, over long periods of time.
- Barge: Heavy, difficult loads with relatively small engines doing all the hauling.
- Container ships: Incredible amounts of weight over long distances for sometimes months at a time between servicing.
How ELEV8 Can Enhance Performance for Marine Customers
- Reduced friction up to 75%
- Reduced steel temps up to 40%
- Reduced wear up to 82%
- Reduced fluid temps up to 36%
Through nanotechnology, ELEV8 fills in the gaps between components better than untreated motor oil alone. It also reduces moisture, which is ideal in marine environments.
- Increased direct load capacity up to 302%
- Increased fuel economy up to 27%
- A 10% horsepower increase
- Improved surface hardness up to 6%