Oil Additive & Treatment for
Coal Power Plants
In 2017, there were 359 coal-powered units at the electrical utilities across the United States. This compares to 1,024 units in 2000. Coal-powered power plants are a much bigger factor in other countries, as there were an estimated 2,425 coal-fired power plants in the world in 2019.
Friction-fighting ELEV8 can boost your equipment’s efficiency, economy and operating life – especially under high temperature or wet conditions. And by doing this, ELEV8 also helps you achieve your environmental goals.
Gas Turbine Power Plants
The combustion (gas) turbines being installed in many of today’s natural-gas-fueled power plants are complex machines, but they basically involve three main sections:
- The compressor, which draws air into the engine, pressurizes it, and feeds it to the combustion chamber at speeds of hundreds of miles per hour.
- The combustion system, typically made up of a ring of fuel injectors that inject a steady stream of fuel into combustion chambers where it mixes with the air. The mixture is burned at temperatures of more than 2000 degrees F. The combustion produces a high temperature, high pressure gas stream that enters and expands through the turbine section.
- The turbine is an intricate array of alternate stationary and rotating aerofoil-section blades. As hot combustion gas expands through the turbine, it spins the rotating blades. The rotating blades perform a dual function: they drive the compressor to draw more pressurized air into the combustion section, and they spin a generator to produce electricity.
As of 2015 there were 1,793 natural gas-powered electricity plants in the United States.
Friction-fighting ELEV8 significantly lowers specimen and fluid temperatures, providing superb wear protection across a much wider range of operating temperatures compared to conventional turbine oils alone. Let ELEV8 maximize your plant’s efficiency and minimize your downtime.
Hydroelectric Power Plants
According to the International Energy Agency, 17 percent of the world’s electricity is generated from hydroelectric sources. As the planet moves towards greater and greater levels of renewable energy use, hydroelectric power will become the cornerstone upon which many countries base their energy strategy.
In the United States, there are approximately 2,400 hydroelectric power plants in 34 states. In 2015, hydroelectric power produced 6.1% of the country’s total electricity. The United States ranks fourth in the world in hydroelectric capacity, with about one quarter the capacity of #1-ranked China.
Friction-fighting ELEV8 significantly lowers specimen and fluid temperatures to ensure that turbine support bearings and guide bearings to the generators run consistently with a minimum of wear and overheating. Adding ELEV8 to your lubricants maximizes plant efficiency and minimizes downtime.
Nuclear Power Plants
As of May 1, 2020, there were 57 commercially operating nuclear power plants with 95 nuclear power reactors in 29 U.S.states. Worldwide, there are 440 nuclear reactors in operation in some 30 countries.
Lubricants are essential to keeping nuclear plant turbines operating efficiently and to prevent them from overheating – and hence to preventing nuclear plants from costly and potentially dangerous shutdowns. Friction-fighting ELEV8 significantly lowers specimen and fluid temperatures to help your lubricants maximize operating efficiency and minimize wear and downtime.
As of 2018, there were nearly 90,000 MW of installed wind capacity in the United States. That’s more than 54,000 wind turbines operating in 41 states plus Guam and Puerto Rico, and enough installed capacity to power more than 27 million American homes.
Wind-turbine lubricants play a critical role in equipment operation, maintenance and reliability of a wind farm. There are a number of lubrication points in a wind turbine, including gearbox, open gear, pitch gear, pitch bearing, rotor shaft, yaw bearing, yaw gear, hydraulic systems, and generator bearings.
Add friction-fighting ELEV8 to your lubricants at all of your lubrication points to reduce operating temperatures, maximize efficiency, and minimize wear and downtime.
How ELEV8 Can Enhance the Performance of These Markets
- Reduce friction up to 75%
- Reduce steel temperatures up to 40%
- Reduce wear up to 82%
- Reduce fluid temperatures up to 36%
- Increase direct load capacity up to 302%
- Improved surface hardness up to 6%
Friction robs power plants of their power. So take back your power – with ELEV8!